Switch to full site

Indian Lake

Reports and forum for Ohio Ice Fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, networthy

Indian Lake

by OldSailor » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 am

Has anyone seen any ice around the edges of I.L. yet :?: Temps are dropping good overnight, but getting up there during the day :!: All I can say is COME ON ICE :thumb: Anyone fishing I.L. or Kiser and wanting company, let me know. :)
Never try to teach a pig to ice fish. It's a waste of time and it annoys the pig!!
OldSailor

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: Indian Lake

by Dockdabber » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:58 am

Were still in the boat on IL and will be all next week . Mon & Tues in the 40,s . Really doubt if be any good Ice til after Xmas
Dockdabber

by networthy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:22 am

Boy, Sailer you really get around. lol I think you belong to all of the forums that I do! :D
I was at IL on 12/7, and it looked pretty muddy, no ice. The lady at Bass Pro said they are still pulling some nice eyes from the spillway.
If you're not out fishin, you're gettin out fished.
Garett
networthy

by networthy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:27 pm

I didn't make it out to check the lake today, but I have it on good info that there is a couple of inches in some of the channels and skim ice on a good part of the lake. There is open water at moundwood and some decent numbers of saugeyes are being caught.
Garett
networthy

by OldSailor » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:37 am

networthy wrote:Boy, Sailer you really get around. lol I think you belong to all of the forums that I do! :D
I was at IL on 12/7, and it looked pretty muddy, no ice. The lady at Bass Pro said they are still pulling some nice eyes from the spillway.

I do get around!! I'm looking for as much info as I can get on the ice fishing around here!! Indian Lake is about as far as I want to go from Englewood, but I do want to try ice fishing it with people that know the lake. I'd like to target saugeye, but I'd also fish panfish. I see the forcast sucks with warm weather and rain comming in. Let me know if you would be willing to hook up when and if we get ice. PM me and maybe we could exchange emails. :thumb:
Never try to teach a pig to ice fish. It's a waste of time and it annoys the pig!!
OldSailor

by networthy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:46 pm

I took a trip to Michigan today, to visit a couple of outdoor stores one in Dundee and one in Brooklyn. On either side of the road the ponds and lakes had ice on them, on the way there, on the way home most of the ice was gone. Looks like it will be after Christmas, or maybe the first of the year before there is any safe ice.
Garett
networthy