Ice Fishing Tourney

A place to discuss ice fishing in Connecticut.

Moderator: iowawalleye

Ice Fishing Tourney

Postby Ice_man » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:26 am

Hi All
I am new to this site, but not new to ice fishing. At this time I'm looking into hosting a tourney in Ct. , north central area. Either Hamilton Resavior, which is on the Ct. / Mass line or Masphaug.
I'm looking into prizes from local sporting goods stores, so not sure what the Top prize will be. Let me know if your interested.
Cost of Tourney will be $30.00 with a 50 / 50 raffle also.
Ice _ Man
Ice_man

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: Ice Fishing Tourney

Postby peter31 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:19 am

I'm interested. Do you have any more info on this tourney; times,# of tip-ups to be used etc. Peter
peter31

Postby Ice_man » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi All
At this time i do not have any further info. Just looking to see how many would be interested in a tourney. I'm thinking mid Feb. at either Hamilton Resivior or Masapouge.
Ice_man

Postby SerdaFied » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:28 pm

I am interested!!
SerdaFied

Postby 56987 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Welcome to the site Guys!
:welcome:
Rick

Postby CtGuy43 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Hamilton Res - now there's a blast from the past!

I used to fish there years ago with a buddy after spring....I was going for trout/bass and was using a light/med action rod spooled with 6 lb test line and an 1/8 oz. pumpkinseed gitzit....I hopped it off the bottom a few times and got a "tap" on the line. I set the hook and the rod didn't move (I thought, great.....I'm on a log or a rock!)....but then it started to pull....and the pulling wouldn't stop...I had to back off the drag or risk being broken off.....he peeled out almost all the line on my spool...

This went on for almost 10 minutes before bringing the fish close (at this time, my buddy stopped fishing to see what the hell I hooked into....haha!)....it rolled once and it was a pike!....When I got it in the net, it was JUST hooked on the outside of the lip and weighed in at a whopping 12 lbs!....Can you imagine - a 12 lb. pike on a 1/8 oz gitzit with 6 lb test line and no leader?

Sorry, I had to share this story as it is remembered as yesterday and it happened years ago! Ah yes....the memories!...How I would love the fish Hamilton again....even drilling a hole!
CtGuy43

Return to Connecticut Ice Fishing