Bemidji MN

Reports and forum for Minnesota Ice Fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, DJHINTZ

Bemidji MN

Postby nathanh » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:30 pm

I live in Northern MN (bemidji) and i just checked my fishing Journal from last year and we went fishing on lake Irving (in Bemidji) last year the WEDNESDAY night before thanksgiving and we had 3 inches of ice!!! Totally not going to get there this year. i was just wondering if anyone in my area had some predictions as to when we would be walking on water!
nathanh

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby alfisher » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:48 am

yeah this warm weather sucks.. i am from albert lea which is in the southern part of mn and last year on thanksgiving i went ice fishing and we had 4 1/2 inches then... no way we will have that by the middle of december at this rate
alfisher

Postby Mr.Cumstein » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:58 am

Hard to believe Albert Lea had 4 1/2'' of ice when International falls only had about 4" and Forest Lake had one lake in the area frozen on Thanksgiving. I've been fishing every year on thanksgiving for 10 years, and watch ice conditions like a hawk. Not sure how Iowa dam near froze 4" of ice before International Falls. Settle down, we'll have ice the lakes ,we were freezing up all week and thawing out by the end of the day. That means we're not far from icing over to stay. If you wanted to fish Thanksgiving there will be ice up north its going to be dam cold all next week. A lot of lakes up there which are already icing over don't get pounded by sun and wind because of the forests and end up freezing up really fast.
Take a kid fishing
Mr.Cumstein

Return to Minnesota Ice Fishing