My first PIKE through the ice!

Discuss ice fishing for northern pike - from tip ups to slammers to jigging; everything gators.

Moderators: iowawalleye, Jim111

My first PIKE through the ice!

Postby ProFishermanJones » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Me and my friend went 2/5 today on northern pike and i caught my first pike through the ice!

Heres the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40cJe8_L44k

Fish was caught on a moose look spoon 1/16 i believe tipped with a full minnow in the middle of the water column.

Hope you enjoy the little video!
ProFishermanJones

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: My first PIKE through the ice!

Postby dylan8351 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:56 pm

That looks like a ball! I never catch pike when I try for them but I can when I am fishing light line. Congrats!
dylan8351

Postby snowman6902 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:37 am

Congrats
snowman6902

Postby surflizard » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 am

Great video, thanks for sharing it with us ! :thumb:
Image Drifter Stix Rule the Hardwater
surflizard

Postby 56987 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:49 am

Nice!

As you were fighting that fish, all I could think about was .... I hope he dont cut himself or his suit on that auger with the uncovered blades. Been there done that and had to buy a new ice suit for the next season.
You have made some good video's. I spent the next half hour or so, watching videos on you tube. :thumb:
Rick

Postby ProFishermanJones » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:03 pm

dylan8351 wrote:That looks like a ball! I never catch pike when I try for them but I can when I am fishing light line. Congrats!

Thanks man it sure was a ball, i know the feeling I've lost a few pike this year while perch fishing! this time i was prepared with perfectly set drag and leader! thanks for the kind words

snowman6902 wrote:Congrats

Thanks man!

surflizard wrote:Great video, thanks for sharing it with us ! :thumb:

No problem man! thanks for commenting i appreciate it

rickl1968 wrote:Nice!

As you were fighting that fish, all I could think about was .... I hope he dont cut himself or his suit on that auger with the uncovered blades. Been there done that and had to buy a new ice suit for the next season.
You have made some good video's. I spent the next half hour or so, watching videos on you tube. :thumb:

I really really really appreciate that you took the time out of your day to check out some of my youtube videos! thanks you very much! never even noticed that! and thanks for mentioning it as i have to keep my eye out! the first day i had my suit i was climbing over a rusty old fence and ripppppppp small tear! and losing my ice auger blade cover happened 2 weeks after! its been a rough season aha :D :beer: thanks again for the kind words Rickl1968

And thanks for everyone checking out my first pike and video much apprecaited !
ProFishermanJones

Postby Hickgtx600f4 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:27 am

Congrats on your first pike through the ice. :thumb: have caught many on tip-ups, but never on a jig pole. very impressive :beer:
Hickgtx600f4

Return to Northern Pike