Ice Tackle Bags

Discuss information on ice fishing information, ice fishing gear, ice fishing tackle, ice fishing supply and all types of stuff used for ice fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, Michigan, Wizardofoz

Ice Tackle Bags

Postby Hunter MN » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:51 pm

What kinds of bags do you guys use to keep all your ice tackle organized and in one place? I have been looking on cabbalas and gander, but haven't found anything I really like, or that is designed specifically for ice fishing. Thanks for the help!
Hunter MN

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: Ice Tackle Bags

Postby 56987 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:15 am

Welcome Hunter MN!
:welcome:

I'm still using a packsack with various boxes and zip locks, had a material "cabellas" bag but it broke in the cold weather.(not especially made for ice fishing)
It will be interesting to see, if there is one made to withstand the cold.
Rick

Postby dave b. » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:26 am

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/ ... t111204180

Any body use this? I heard some guys where using it to carry tip ups. I don't think it would work for my style of tip ups and the amount I carry. Might be good for jig rods and all the other stuff. I am trying to think outside the 5 gallon pail! :D I think Clam makes some tackle storage options.
dave b.

Postby MrLure » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:44 pm

I got the 5-gallon tackle bag from Bass Pro for $7. After a bit of modification it works great. Before modification it worked it's way down the bucket. I put a bungie cord around the bucket in between the plastic fins near the top of the bucket and followed that with 3 spaced out mini-bungie cords that I hooked to the bottom of the bag, looped around the large bungie going around the bucket and then clipped the other end of the mini-bungie cords over the top lip of the bucket. They fit perfectly and secured the tackle bag from sliding down. Of course, I took it a step further and placed some 1/4 brass grommets where the two ends of the bag ended so so they could be laced together instead of sticking out like flaps. I fit this on a 6-gallon bucket and it works great now along with a 3/4 seat.
MrLure

Return to Ice Fishing Equipment