snap raps

Discuss information on ice fishing information, ice fishing gear, ice fishing tackle, ice fishing supply and all types of stuff used for ice fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, Michigan, Wizardofoz

snap raps

Postby ger15ber » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:36 pm

I've been playing around with the new snap raps from Rapala for the last couple of weeks and I'm pretty impressed with them. I'm not catching more then any body else but I'm not catching less either. The difference is the size. I.m catching on average larger fish then the other guys. I've been following the same technique as laid out by Al Linder and Gord Pyzer video's except rather then just letting it fall, I've been maintaining tension on the line and following it down. I found that there too many foul ups with the line. The glow tiger in the #6 size seems to be the favorite with the fire tiger and chartrous tiger the next favorites. I haven't tried any in the #8 size yet. there not very common yet with no one up here selling them yet and as a result no one I know is using them yet. Lebaron has them and Pro Bass has them now as well. I can hardly wait for ice out to try them. Great for walleye and larger perch. Give them a try. :thumb: Gerard
ger15ber

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: snap raps

Postby dylan8351 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Good review. I have yet to try them but I will pick up a few now.
dylan8351

Re: snap raps

Postby oldman » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:29 am

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who's been using them here in NJ. Last fall he was banging some big(9#+) walleye with them. Now I just have to pump him for info on color, etc. He did mention that they were only effective when he really banged the bottom with them.
oldman

Return to Ice Fishing Equipment