Switch to full site

ESKIMO VIPER 71CC ICE AUGER

Discuss information on ice fishing information, ice fishing gear, ice fishing tackle, ice fishing supply and all types of stuff used for ice fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, Michigan, Wizardofoz

ESKIMO VIPER 71CC ICE AUGER

by Josh Morse » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:45 am

I purchased an Eskimo Viper 71cc Ice Auger at the end of 2015. I have used this Auger 30 weekends at most. I store it in a heated basement and it is kept in a full case. I purchase s stroke pre mixed fuel from Home Depot, to ensure that the 50:1 mixture is correct and consistent. I was using this past Tuesday and in the middle of the 7th hole, it seized up. I pulled the spark plug and sure enough, it has been hit. I'm assuming there must be piston and connecting rod failure. I have emailed Eskimo 3 times and asked for help, with nothing in response. I have searched to purchase parts online with no success. I was very satisfied with this auger, until this failure and now that I can't get Eskimo to even contact me, or find parts myself - I am very frustrated. I feel that after spending nearly $600.00 on the auger, that it should last MUCH longer than two seasons. And Eskimos service department certainly is not impressing me. I just wanted to share my experience with you. Not sure what to do now.....
Josh Morse

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: ESKIMO VIPER 71CC ICE AUGER

by Josh Morse » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:11 am

So I finally got ahold of someone at Eskimo. Turns out that they do not make the Viper 73cc or 55cc motors anymore, because they were having unresolved issues with these motors not holding up. Because of this, they sent me the new F1 10 inch auger that they just came out with. Its a 33cc motor. Hopefully they have worked the bugs out of this one!
Josh Morse