question about older fishing licenses

A place to talk about New Hampshire Ice fishing reports, tips, and stories.

Moderators: iowawalleye, snohiker

question about older fishing licenses

Postby guinea » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:58 pm

I think my ol' man may be a bit confused.....or from another planet.....or drunk....

but I made a $100 bet with him on the phone tonight and won (no, I really won't collect lol). He hasn't had a license in a few years, and was claiming that you could get either a warmwater or coldwater species license. Well, he looked at his '09 one and realized I won. :beer: (beer for a year? lol)

Does anyone remember a time when that was possible? It really doesn't make sense to me, but he thinks there was a time when they gave you that option. Having only starting fishing in '07, I don't know what went on before. Does this make sense to anyone? Or is he that misguided which prompted him to hang out with the likes of me? :lol:
guinea

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: question about older fishing licenses

Postby sweetlou » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:51 am

they only did it for a year or two that was around 2000-02.pretty confusing for a lot of people the wardens had a lot of work out of it.you could fish winni with a warm water licence but don't catch a salmon or trout.
sweetlou

Re: question about older fishing licenses

Postby guinea » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:41 am

Thanks Lou!

By the way, I still won the bet. He thought you could still get them like that lol.

That's what I figured.....it had to be hard for the wardens to sort it all out..."No really, I was going for bass in laker territory...." :lol:
guinea

Return to New Hampshire Ice Fishing