Putnam/Dutchess ice reports

A New York ice fishing forum discussing tips, tactics, gear, guides, etc.

Moderator: iowawalleye

Putnam/Dutchess ice reports

Postby KenDOdoubleG » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:06 am

I'm geussing something must be locked up. We've had below avg temps all month. I'll do some scouting on Christmas Eve...has anyone been? How do things look? I'm most interested in the NYC Reservoirs in Putnam County and smaller waters of Dutchess Counties. Thanks...be safe.
KenDOdoubleG

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: Putnam/Dutchess ice reports

Postby KenDOdoubleG » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:03 pm

A friend was checking out a small pond in Hyde Park, Dutchess county and he went through. Be careful everyone. After hearing that, I won't be scouting until the middle of next week. Now that I'm older, heavier, and a Dad, I no longer need to be the first guy out there.
KenDOdoubleG

Postby KenDOdoubleG » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:31 pm

1/1
Went down to Putnam county hoping for ice and found a foot of it in some areas. I guess guys have been fishing there for 3 weeks or so. Putnam is cold...I shoulda known. I didn't scout other ressies but it shouldn't be a problem finding ice most places.Set out for yellows and a gut feeling on walleye. The fishing was slow and I missed my share of hook sets...found no walleye.
1/2
Friends hit Upton Lake today...big open area in the middle with a foot of ice toward shore. Jigged up one small trout...a couple tripped flags, but mostly dead sets.
KenDOdoubleG

Postby Clehrtroutman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Hey KenDOdoubleG...My friend Rodger (a/k/a Iceballs) from L.I. is planning to meet with me anywhere between Fri-Sun this week to set our tip ups and jig. I live in Putnam County, NY. Let us know where the safe ice opportunities are right now in Westchester, Putnam or Dutchess? Have you had any successful hook-ups this year? Maybe you can join us?
Clehrtroutman

Return to New York Ice Fishing