NYC reservoirs in Westchester/Putnam Counties

A New York ice fishing forum discussing tips, tactics, gear, guides, etc.

Moderator: iowawalleye

NYC reservoirs in Westchester/Putnam Counties

Postby KenDOdoubleG » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Anyone been fishing them? How's the ice? How about the bite?
KenDOdoubleG

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: NYC reservoirs in Westchester/Putnam Counties

Postby KenDOdoubleG » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:11 pm

Disregard my qeury about the ice. It's freakin' cold.
KenDOdoubleG

Postby Clehrtroutman » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Ken, I live in Putnam County and have fished this year on Cross River, Titicus (2), Sodom and Amawalk. Fishing has been very slow and unproductive. I do not have a lot of free time but always is cold and windy when I have gone out. Also went to White Pond. Several reservoir have been closed due to water draw downs: Boyd's, West Branch, Diverting. Today very windy staying home. Will try again tomorrow sunny and 35 degrees, hopefully much less wind. There is plenty of safe ice but for ice updates you can contact Bob's Bait Shop in katonah, NY 914-232-4085. How have you done? :shock:
Clehrtroutman

Postby KenDOdoubleG » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:56 pm

I grew up in Mahopac and learned to ice fish on the resies. First ice trip was on West Branch and we cleaned up on yellows and browns. This year I have been on Sodom and some lakes where I live in Dutchess County. Sodom was the slowest but we managed some yellows. I was also looking for Walleyes while out there, but did not find any. What's your style...traps, jigging or both. Have not caught a fish jigging this year. Other years I would leave the traps home and just jig.
KenDOdoubleG

Postby Clehrtroutman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:02 am

Ken, I will put out the limit of 5 tip-ups and cut two jig holes. The two 'eyes I have caught through the ice were on tip-ups. I love jigging for perch and crappie but this year action lousy. I do not like getting up early so I depend on the late bite. I am going out in a little while to give it shot. may need some fresh minnows.
Clehrtroutman

Postby KenDOdoubleG » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Clehr, try Peach Lake just south of Sodom on rt. 121. It's a private community, but their is parking for 3-4 cars. PM me if you're interested and I'll get you where you want to park. Atv and snowmobiles are out there, but I've seen worse. You'll find white and yellow perch. Then there is Whaley Lake in Pawling. It's $5 to park at the marina. Bring tylenol and ear plugs for the atv's if you go on the weekend. The action is good on both lakes. Have you fished Middle Branch in past years?
KenDOdoubleG

Postby Clehrtroutman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey KenD:
I never checked back to this site and I regret that I did not read your last few posts last year. If you still ice fish, I am planning to go out Fri-Sun this week (snow coming Friday). I have not been out this year. Have you fished in Putnam, Westchester or Dutchess lately. My friend Rodger (aka Iceballs) from L.I. is meeting me but we have not decided where to go. We are open for any suggetions? Perhaps you can join us. We will probably meet at Bob's Bait in Katonah, NY. Best Regards, Clehrtroutman
Clehrtroutman

Postby KenDOdoubleG » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Funny u mentioned Iceballs...he had a question on another forum about Peach Lake access. Wish I saw this post days ago...I've been a shovel jockey at work with this snow friday and today. Just bought bait and I was thinking East Branch or Diverting tomorrow. I told myself I'd finally find walleye through the ice, so I haven't hit some of my favorite perch lakes this year. We'll see how long that lasts. Last year was a good perch year for me. Hope this year is more productive for you. Keep in touch...pm me...let's fish.
KenDOdoubleG

Postby Kb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 am

Hi all,

Im up in Dutchess, but grew up in Putnam. Im very interested in panfishing, and am looking for some company. If anyone is interested in getting together, let me know.

thanks

kb
Kb

Return to New York Ice Fishing