First Ice

Reports and ice fishing forums for Vermont.

Moderators: iowawalleye, Jim111

First Ice

Postby Jim111 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Saw people walking on both Curtis Pond and Wrightsville last Saturday. I expect there will be folks out fishing by this weekend, as overall, it was a pretty cold week. We were at or below zero a couple nights hereabouts.The baitshop at TLM Sports on Rte 12 in Middlesex (just south of Wrightsville Res) is now open for the season. I'd check ice with a chisel before walking out anywhere, just the same. I know folks are already fishing some of the smaller and shallower ponds locally, but best to be safe.

-Jim
FLAG!
Jim111

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: First Ice

Postby Jim111 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Guys are now out on most of the local lakes and ponds in Central VT. There's anywhere from 5-8 inches of good, black ice, depending on where you go. Nice to have such good, hard ice for a "base" this year. :thumb: -Jim
FLAG!
Jim111

Postby webster » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:19 pm

How have you been Jim have not been on the ice yet this year work been keeping me to busey
webster

Postby Jim111 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:37 pm

PM sent.
FLAG!
Jim111

Postby webster » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Tried to make it out this weekend but it ended up raining Saturday and I ended up working I did drive over to Dillenbeck and was impressed with all the Tipups that were out. I see from pictures on other sites some did well on the N pike. Just as I got there it started to rain and I had to head home to sand the dirt roads . In the afternoon drove to Fletcher to look at Metcalf and then to Edan to check the ice on long pond and got caught in the rain again. A late night working Saturday and again Sunday morning did me in so I did not go out Sunday. Anyone here ever fish long pond in Edan for perch
webster

Return to Vermont Ice Fishing