NEK report

Reports and ice fishing forums for Vermont.

Moderators: iowawalleye, Jim111

NEK report

Postby icefiend357 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:42 am

We hit seymour last monday 2 small trout 1 keeper smelt were slow thursday we hit big salem few Locks 2 were good size smelt were again slow talked too few folks said the smelt were good couple days earlier o well gonna hot megog today after lunch let you know how we do anyone else got any reports fire away and too all good luck out there
Hunting and Fishing is what i do!!!
icefiend357

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: NEK report

Postby icefiend357 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:10 am

Phew the perch at strawberry acres were good size and plenty not much else going on there though anyone getting good amount of smelt nek area fire me a pm or reply here seems like im just missing them might try big salem again monday not sure yet with this weather we are supposed to get this weekend saw some of the final standings at wrights for the tourney seems like some decent fish came out for it well cya all for now
icefiend357

Postby Jim111 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:59 am

One thing I've noted over the 30+ years of ice fishing the NEK for salmon/trout,........nothing beats being there and all set-up about an hour before daylight ever arrives. Salmon especially, seem to hit best right at first light. Yeah, I've caught 'em at noon or 3:00 PM too, but in general, you just can't beat that first-light bite. You might not get much sleep, but you'll get more fish than the average guy. I know there's been many a day, when fishing for browns/rainbows, when we were limited-out by the time it was light enough to run a video camera! This wasn't just one or two trips, but dozens and over many years time. Salmon seem to wait for first light, but browns, rainbows, even lakers will begin to hit way before it ever gets light out. Try it sometime and I bet you'll see what I mean....

-Jim
FLAG!
Jim111

Postby icefiend357 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Yup i agree fully and if work allowed us too we would for sure hoping we might get the chance before the season ends be well jim and let us know how your doing out there i know myself for 1 like too hear how others are doing well :D
icefiend357

Postby Jim111 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:03 pm

I'm hoping everyone gets to go out one more time this season too! Good luck if you go! :D
-Jim
FLAG!
Jim111

Return to Vermont Ice Fishing