kananaskis ice fishing

Reports and forum for Alberta ice fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, PerchHunter

kananaskis ice fishing

Postby mattfu » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:53 am

had to add one more topic, i fished the upper kananaskis lake in dec 06 in the boat launch bay, and dropped my aquaview camera down and fished all over, all day and didnt see a thing, any advice on depth or location on this lake , or maybe some advice on a better spot? (spray lakes maybe?)
mattfu

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby N IVERSON » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:14 am

i spent hours on that lake this past summer and can tell you for sure that is and when you do catch one chances are it is a bull trout.

don't waste a lot of time, move on to other lakes.

N IVERSON
N IVERSON

Re: kananaskis ice fishing

Postby dave_si » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:37 am

[quote="mattfu"]had to add one more topic, i fished the upper kananaskis lake in dec 06 in the boat launch bay, and dropped my aquaview camera down and fished all over, all day and didnt see a thing, any advice on depth or location on this lake , or maybe some advice on a better spot? (spray lakes maybe?)[/quote]

Often times the weight of the snow causes the ice to bend downwards allowing a layer of water up to one foot deep to lay between the ice and the snow. I avoid the middle of the lake and do not fill my boots with water anymore. Best advice, take a ski-doo to the far end of the lake and locate the shallow water south of the dam near the stream
dave_si

Postby mattfu » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:26 am

its possible im wrong, but i dont believe skidoos and quads are even allowed to be used in the entire park let alone the lake, it is even illegal to drive a truck on upper or lower k lakes to fish. so i doubt that the best advice is to fire up a noise machine and disturb the rest of the fishers.
mattfu

Postby dave_si » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:11 pm

Re: Upper Kanasaskis; I have made a mistake and appreciate the update. I am usually in a boat on that lake so I was thinking only of the best location (in my experience)
dave_si

Re: kananaskis ice fishing

Postby shelby8 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:45 am

Of topic since I am from ND. It's been really warm weather here so far some good reports, but I also just bought the Jiffy Propane. Can't wait to get out and try it. Gonna put the oil in today, hook up a tank, and fire her up!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trumpet Wedding Dresses|New Style Wedding Dresses|Wedding Dresses with Sleeves|New Style Flower Girl Dresses
shelby8

Return to Alberta Ice Fishing