Bellaire Lake

Reports and forums for ice fishing in Colorado.

Moderator: iowawalleye

Bellaire Lake

Postby Sledfisher » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:00 pm

Well made it up Saturday for some fishing with my Dad and cousin. The wind was blowing but not bad we managed fish for about 3 hours without a hut. But man was the fishing good for some reason. Between the 3 of us we caught over 60 trout. :shock: No kidding!!!!!!
Just one of those days where no matter what you did you could catch one evertime you put the jig down the hole. Nothing big up there fish were in the 10-14 inch range but man what a blast! :D :D
Ice is a good 10-14" thick, the walk in is still pretty easy since there isn't alot of snow piled up yet. Good place to take some first timers or the kids.
Sledfisher

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby aooboyz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Thats great! I think we are going up this week tue/weds sometime...what were you guys using any help would be great im taking a couple f guys ice fishing for the first time so i would like to show them what a good time it is...thanks buddy!
aooboyz

Postby Sledfisher » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Catching most on a Florescent Yellow jig head with Yellow or Pink Power Bait nuggets. Also caught them on salmon eggs and night crawlers on a silver swedish pimple. And had some action on a rapala minnow jig as well. Fished on the west side near the rock pile in 8-10 feet. Good luck and go have some fun.
Pm me if you want I might not be working those days wouldn't mind meeting up with you and see if Saturday was a fluke or if it's that way most days.

Got checked by the Fish Cop too so don't go over on your limit and have your license in order! :wink:
Sledfisher

Still hot?

Postby Redpaddle » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:12 pm

How's Red Feather producing lately? still 60+ fish days on Bellaire? Called a store up there and they said there was some action on Dowdy lake and maybe some on West. Taking some friends up for their first time on ice and would love to show them some fish not just cold and wind.

any reports would be great.
Redpaddle

Postby Sledfisher » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Redpaddle,

I fished Dowdy saturday morning and it was really slow, caught 3 fish in 3 hours and the wind did pick up. We even tried Parvin (flies and lures only) and caught one brown and I had one break my line when I set the hook. :shock:

I would try Bellaire if I was you it's protected from the wind pretty well and the two times I've been there the fishing has been great. I went up a week ago to Honholz and we caught @40 fish out of Lake 2 and my dad caught two nice 17" browns out of lake 3 we had a good day with no wind which is rare up there.
Sledfisher

Oh, i'ts hot

Postby Redpaddle » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Sledfisher,

Thanks so much for the info and pointers. I took a bunch of friends out for their first time on saturday (1/31/09) and we caught 40 fish in 2 hours. rediculous. Those fish are hungry! we kept some and all that was in their stomach was gravel.

We drilled a little ways off the rock pile and were hooking up with jigs and spoons tipped with mealworms or minnows.

Thanks again.
Redpaddle

Return to Colorado Ice Fishing