New to ice fishing

Reports and forums for ice fishing in Colorado.

Moderator: iowawalleye

New to ice fishing

Postby mrbucket1210 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:23 am

ok so I have never been ice fishing before and I really want to learn how. My buddy and I bought a hut and stuff but we need somebody to teach us. Was wondering if anybody is going out within the next week or so and if they wouldnt mind us tagging along. Let me know I can even drive if you want. by the way my name is Josh and I am new.
mrbucket1210

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby Sledfisher » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Welcome to icefishing. If your willing I know some lakes around my area where you should catch fish. I live in Fort Collins and most the places I have fished in the past are anywhere from an hour to two hour drive from here. I'd show you some of those lakes if you just want to catch fish most are in the 12-18 inch range may get bigger. Catching Rainbows and Cutthroats mostly.
I also Fish for Macs (Lake Trout) using the snowmobiles to get in on some lakes.

Just PM me if this interests you. I might get up after Christmas depends on when the new auger I bought gets in.

Chris
Sledfisher

Postby homebru » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:47 am

Morning,
Oddly enough, I'm also in Parker. I've done a little ice fishing back in Wisconsin and Michigan. I'd like to get started out here. I've got a rod and a little equipment but no shanty / auger, yet. I'd be interested in getting out to ice fish a bit.

Eventually, I may get a shanty / auger and such but would like to get out and try it a bit first. If anybody's willing to share some space, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I may not need to take up your shanty space....last time I ice fished was Feb in Wisconsin....the day started out 16 deg below zero and I stood on the ice all day without problems.

homebru
homebru

Also new to ice fishing

Postby funaero » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:12 pm

Tried ice fishing for my first time up in Minneapolis on Saturday. It was a blast and looks like something I'd like to try more. We didn't catch any fish, but had a good time. We had a few hours to kill before our flights, so one of the guys from my home office took me and a Brit friend out.

Ice was about 18" thick.......with a hand auger. We drilled 3 holes and drank 6 beers............a GREAT day. Those lakes up there all have ice shacks on them. Looking forward to going back up and getting in the shack we fished next to, which belongs to another co-worker.

So, I'm looking for tips for fishing around Fort Collins, how to, where, etc.

Lyle
funaero

Postby luv2fishco » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:28 pm

hit me up guys i love ice fishing luv2fishco@gmail.com
luv2fishco

Return to Colorado Ice Fishing