A Big Thank You !

Discuss information on a portable ice house, ice fishing shelter, ice fishing hut, ice fishing shanty, or whatever means of ice fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, DanburyFisher, Wizardofoz

A Big Thank You !

Postby Joedirt34 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Well as most of you know getting around on the ice has not been much fun as of late . Now imagine trying to move a 900lbs wheelhouse ! To say I was stuck is an understatement !! Well all I needed was to mention my problem to Andro and Snowman and there they were . I want to be clear these guys didnt come to help they came to do . I was only about 100 feet off shore but after getting it that far it might as well have been 100 miles . They got right down to business crawling around on the ice , adjusting blocking , hauling planks ect .
It was a slow and steady job but very easy as I watched a learned to work smarter not harder . These 2 guys even took the time to chip out the old blocking and load everything in my truck . I REAlY was a bystander learning how it should be done ( but I am pretty good with a farm jack )
Guys I can't thank you enough feels good to have it sitting in my driveway . I'm very glad to be able to call you both my freinds ! if there is ever anything I can do for you guys please ask ! ( they would except nothing for their efforts ) Its people like you that still gives me faith in people a neighbor willing to help a neighbor !
Dinner plans are in the works
Thanks
Joe and Moe
Joedirt34

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: A Big Thank You !

Postby 56987 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:55 am

Glad you got it off the ice, Joe!

It's amazing how ice fishermen and women will lend a hand to fellow icefishers.

Cheers to all! :beer:
Rick

Postby snowman6902 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:09 am

I know I speak for Andro also. It was our pleasure Joe. You've been more than gracious letting us come out to your shack, fish with ya, spend time with your family on the ice, and been great hosts in the Pub. We enjoy ice fishing as much as you do so it's nothing to help out another frozen water freak. The ol Pub came off slicker than snot once we got in the groove.
snowman6902

Postby surflizard » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:04 am

Way to step up guys, it is really cool to see this whole crew come together to help a friend, I tip my hat to ya both !! :thumb: :beer:
Image Drifter Stix Rule the Hardwater
surflizard

Postby guinea » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Way to get it done guys!

You've got good friends, there, Joe!
guinea

Postby Joedirt34 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 am

guinea wrote:Way to get it done guys!

Guinea ,
A great bunch of guys ! I just hope I can pay them back ! It's a good feeling to have it in the driveway with no worries !
Can't thank them enough !
Joedirt34

Postby 56987 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 am

Joedirt34 wrote:
guinea wrote:Way to get it done guys!

Guinea ,
A great bunch of guys ! I just hope I can pay them back ! It's a good feeling to have it in the driveway with no worries !
Can't thank them enough !

Im sure a couple of evenings in the Pub during the summer will do! :poke: :P
Rick

Return to Ice Fishing House