clam ?

Discuss information on a portable ice house, ice fishing shelter, ice fishing hut, ice fishing shanty, or whatever means of ice fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, DanburyFisher, Wizardofoz

clam ?

Postby rz7363 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:06 pm

Looking at buying owner says it's 3yr old clam 5x6 at least 6ft tall 1 zipper on each side in middle of door all it says on outside is "the clam" cabin style plastic floor with 2 round holes & 2 rectangle good size holes (like brand new only used 3 times) wants a $150.00 good shanty good price?
rz7363

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby icefishermanmark » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:14 pm

good price, but huge shanty.
Proud to be an American
icefishermanmark

Postby Hoofharted » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:41 pm

Not that huge. I've got a clam jr. (3 1/2 x 5 1/2) and it can get a little tight with 2 guys a heater and gear. Good price though.
Hoofharted

Postby california mike » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:53 pm

I bought a shanty and tell ya the truth, it was not what i wanted. fortunetly i was able to return it because the zipper was broken<hint> i was blessed with some info on finding the right one for me and it was the clam 5600. what an awsome shanty!! i believe no matter what the price range, invest in one. i set mine up, alone, with ease and have had no problems. fishes 3, i have had a friend ans well as my son in it fishing and we were fine. has 2 double holes and 2 single holes< all in the corners> double insulation on bottom makes it great on the feet for wormth. also, the bi-fold in the floor makes it great for some uneven ice that you may be on. for warmth, i have to say i bring my buddy heater and BARELEY have to use it. 5 minutes and i turn off the heat.5ftX6ftX6-1/2 tall. very comphy.if you are going to move it, its pretty easy to drop it and flop it. it does go well in the back of the truck, or my wifes mini-van(without the back seats) shhh-dont tell her i put it in there. @ 85lbs. and $311.00 its well worth it. also when im going out i open one double door and my 5 gallon bucket fits great with my heater. my hand auger fits in-between bucket and heater and off i go. HOPE YOU MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE. also one item it does come with is a license plate cover that you can attach to it. happy shanty hunting
california mike

I second californiamike's comments

Postby snogoose » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:12 pm

Clam 5600. doesn't get any better. for ease of set up, transport-ability, solid construction, etc. you can go cheaper, but it'll be just that, C-H-E-A-P! :wink: shop around for a used one or just get used to paying for something that is worth it's cost and buy new, but I recommend a Clam! :D
Champlain Valley Icefisherman
Charlotte, VT
snogoose

Postby ESKIMO JOE » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:11 am

I OWN A CLAM JUNIOR,IT IS A VERY COMFORTABLE ICE HOUSE.I USUALLY HEAT IT WITH A MR HEATER,AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE ALL THE BULKY CLOTHES ON INSIDE EVEN AT BELOW ZERO WEATHER, I HIGHLY RECOMEND THE CLAM JUNIOR,I HAVE HAD MINE FOR 6 YEARS,AND IT STILL LOOKS LIKE NEW.
ESKIMO JOE

Return to Ice Fishing House