Ice Fishing House Information

Discuss information on a portable ice house, ice fishing shelter, ice fishing hut, ice fishing shanty, or whatever means of ice fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, DanburyFisher, Wizardofoz

Ice Fishing House Information

Postby admin » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:08 pm

You can now start posting your Ice Fishing House Information in the forum!
admin
Site Admin

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Ice Fishing House Plans

Postby Clint » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:31 pm

Any good ice fishing house plans out there?
Clint

Fish House Lighting

Postby docktorj » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:00 pm

Does anyone know of a good LED supplier to outfit a fishhouse with LEDs?
These would be the ulitimate in fish house lighting, where electricity is at a premium. I have very little experience in the field of LEDs, my main concern is light output (lumens or candlpower) versus what I am using now, 1156 bulbs. Two 1156 bulbs put out sufficient light, but each buld draws between 1 and 2 amps (I measured). LEDs draw in the ballpark of 20-60 mA, so a good array utilizing 5 LEDs should draw .1 to .3 amps, depending on the LED used, drastically less juice than incandescent or even flourescent bulbs. I have been seaching the net and plan on checking some RV stores and truckstops, but I don't want to end up paying a lot of money for light that are not bright enough to play cards and drink beer under.
docktorj

Postby iceman3112 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:38 pm

If you are still looking for LED lights, check this site out.

http://www.3dzled.com/vehicle.html

They have the lights and they are not to expensive
iceman3112

Postby iceman3112 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:43 pm

Now that I look at that website a little closer, I see its in UK...sorry :?
iceman3112

Lighting

Postby docktorj8850 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:39 pm

I've done some searching the last few weeks have bought a couple of white LED arrays. One a bought from the local Peterbilt dealer, it is used as a recessed mounted light, and another I bought from Bass Pro Shops, also available at Cabelas and other marine retailers, made by Sea Sense. I do not remember the brand name of the one I got from Peterbilt. The Peterbilt one has 9 LEDs and draws .04 amps at 12 volts and the Sea Sense one draws .07 amps at 12 volts with 8 LEDs. They both pale in amp draw as compared to an 1156 bulb, which I tested at the same time to be 2.1 amps at 12 volts. What this means is that you could run 30 or so LED arrays and still be consuming less electricity than 1 1156 bulb!! Of course, at $20 a pop, this could get real expensive. I need to test the illumination of these in my fish house yet to determine if the light emited is too direction to completely illuminate the house.
docktorj8850

I need a fishouse

Postby brandon johnson » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:58 am

nothing under an 8x10
brandon johnson

Postby jiffy » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:12 pm

Early ice i use my home made portable 5x7. Once 10 inches or so I put out my homemade 8x12. Its nice and roomy but dont have the convienience of "pick up and move" as my portable.
jiffy

Postby justnorth » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:51 pm

I ran into Troy, who owns Emperor Fish Houses in St. Cloud, MN. Nice houses and worth a look see.

I believe his site is at http://www.emperorfishhouses.com/
justnorth

LIGHTING THE FISH HOUSE

Postby revengekiddo » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:46 pm

hey Doktorj, how is it going with the LEDs you bought for your fish house? I'm going through the same thing right now. I bought a 12 LED super white bulb from superbrightleds.com and am testing it out right now. It seems plenty bright enough to light up my 8x8 and so far it has been on my little vexilar battery for over 24 hours without dimming. It takes only 56 mah and cost 7.95. They have bigger and better bulbs at the sight, too. I think I'm going to order red next time though, supposedly the human eye adjusts better than it does to the bluish tint that is in even the super white leds.
revengekiddo

House Plans

Postby mnsportsmans » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:30 pm

Fish House plans check o
mnsportsmans

Cheap LED"S

Postby Lars » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

I bought a LED side marker light from Fleet Farm this week for $5, it has an orange lens that I might have to take off to get more light but I am planning on putting 4 of them in the house and having a switch on each and a master for all of them so I can run with only 1 (to see my beer) when necessary. I have not checked the draw on it yet but I expect it to be small.
Lars

Return to Ice Fishing House