Strike Zone II from Menards

Discuss information on a portable ice house, ice fishing shelter, ice fishing hut, ice fishing shanty, or whatever means of ice fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, DanburyFisher, Wizardofoz

Strike Zone II from Menards

Postby Scubadude44 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:56 pm

I've seen a bunch of negative blogs about this fish house and I'd like to set the record straight. I bought this unit from Menards for $125. When I went to set it up, it had 1 bar that was not right. I called the number on the assembly directions and was told that they would send me a new one. The next day, an entire set of shanty poles showed up.....for free. This year we had a stretch of really cold days that I went out in. 2 of my 4 windows cracked. Now mind you this is 14 months after my puchase. I called the number on the directions again. I expected to pay for 2 new windows, what I got was 4 new windows....FOR FREE again! When you buy things on the cheap, you should expect them to break. But it's refreshing to know that this company is willing to step up and make sure that a customer is taken care of. If you have the money go buy your big bad Frabill or Clam, but this mere mortal will keep buying from Strike Zone. :beer:
Scubadude44

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: Strike Zone II from Menards

Postby doc morgan-Blue gil killa » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:02 am

hey suba dude I almost bought one myself-almost! the thing I didnt like was the 2 peice tub- and some assembly reqired.the price was right..nice to hear that your experience with replacing broken stuff has been positive..and the co.stands behind their product..that just doesn't happen enough now days..oh I do own a frabil- bought off craigs list for 200-2 man dx-Im glad I held off because my frabil has high back seats its a 2 man-really large one man..and my as- isnt setting in that fold out chair that came with the strike zone..glad your happy with your shack-no need to slam us frabil and clam owners though.not all of us paid big bucks to get our shacks..
if hunting and fishing was my job I should be rich by now.
doc morgan-Blue gil killa

Postby Jinxted » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:18 am

Heck I am using a older 2 man chappell i got out at a garage sale 4 or 5 years ago, although i am setting my sight on the clam 2 man with the seats for next year. but folding camp seats and a lantern & heater make mine okay for two people.
Jinxted

Postby FREEZENICEHOLE » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:19 am

Scuba do you happen to still have that phone number? I know it's been a long time.
FREEZENICEHOLE

Postby 56987 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:55 am

Welcome to the site FREEZENICEHOLE!
:welcome:
I went looking for that number and couldn't find anything either, anyone else have a link or number for Strike Zone?
Rick

Postby den.F » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Hey I bought one of these Strike Zone 2 man shanties used 3 years ago for $25.00 I'm sill using it My boy and I put two card table chairs (padded seat variety) in it. put my Mr. Heater heater Buddy between us The old clearwater classic 2 in a hole in the middle close to the sled side seating area and two holes for fishing out at the edge and we are warm and happy. My only gripe is the taper I use a 28" fenwick ML for Wallys and when I get a hit I smack the heck out of the shanty roof because of that taper. But I still get them hooked most of the time anyways. But best $25.00 I ever spent and the canvas is tougher than you would think and holds in heat really well We unzip our coats and drink coffee all day when the weather is terrible Love it I/ll buy Strike Zone all day.
:beer:
den.F

Return to Ice Fishing House