Ideas Needed

A place to post all NON-COMMERCIAL classifieds for users. If you sell commercial products, please contact the admin before posting.

Moderators: iowawalleye, Wizardofoz, icefishermanmark

Ideas Needed

Postby Spencer's Papa » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:27 pm

I'm a disabled vet who wants to buy a fish house so my grandson and I can go fishing. What suggestions do you have for me to use when I buy one in the next week or two?
I want it easy to set up because I do have some paralysis in my legs.
Fishing in it will mostly be Spencer and me with grandma a few times.

Thanks for anything any of you can do.

Ron
I am a disabled vet who wants to buy an ice house for my grandson and me to use. Many of you might be able to give me some ideas as to what I need to have to make my house easy for me to use.
Thanks for all the help and ideas you can give me.
Spencer's Papa

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby walleyes4*u » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:37 pm

How will you be getting out to the spot you want to fish? If you have something to pull it out with ATV or snowmobile, how old is your grandson? I would go with a Flip over type like clam guide, Otter II, Frabill Twin, etc.

DJHINTZ, you've been ice fishing a long time, what are your suggestions?

Also, welcome to the site Spencer's papa :!:

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
walleyes4*u

Postby DJHINTZ » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:59 pm

I agree....go with a flipover...how old is your grandson? can he set up a flipover? Depending on how much space you need too, maybe even a frabill triplex (big enough for 3...tons of room for two)
DJHINTZ

Answers to questions

Postby Spencer's Papa » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:34 pm

I could either drive my truck or ride my four wheeler.
I'm thinking more along the lines of a permanent house on wheels. I have poor balance, so the least amount of time for me walking on the ice the better. Therefore, to just pull up beside the house and walk in to fish would be nice.
How about a house that uses hydraulics to lift it up instead of a crank; my grandson is five.
Size??? length and width?
Is weight a factor?
Beds?
Stove?

What would be the design of your ideal house?

Thanks
I am a disabled vet who wants to buy an ice house for my grandson and me to use. Many of you might be able to give me some ideas as to what I need to have to make my house easy for me to use.
Thanks for all the help and ideas you can give me.
Spencer's Papa

Postby lookin4fish » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:54 am

price is the biggest issue. you can get exactly what you want as longs as you pay for it. if it is just the grandson and sometimes grandma a 6.5 x 12 foot would give you plenty of room. if you were pulling it long distances you would want a v-front on it, and in that case i would think 6.5 x 10 foot would be plenty (that is if you are using it for day use-if you are sleeping in it , i woulld go with a 12 foot v front or 14 foot flat front.) i dont think you will be able to go to an fishhouse places and find one that short with hydraulics. it will have to be custom ordered. then you can then get everything you want installed in it. prices will vary drasticlly, but expect to spend $5000-8000 for what i described above. they hydralics make up a large portion of this becaseu it will have to be custom made. youa re also looking at a good length of time for them to finsih it. if you need one with hydralics that is all ready to go, you will be looking at around the $14,0000 range. they are not cheap but you basically get a fithwheel trailer/camper that can be fished out of. good luck and let us know if you have more questions
lookin4fish

Postby redruff » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:35 pm

This one goes into a hitch receiver.
Wouldn't need to pull anywhere.

http://www.frabill.com/cgi-bin/frabill/6075?store=ice
redruff

used fish house for sale site

Postby mk_bovee » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:42 pm

here spencers dad, check this site out, it may have just what your looking for.http://www.fishhouseforsale.com/index.php
gimme that pole and shut up!
mk_bovee

Postby Bellybuster » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:43 pm

I don't know what your budget is but you may want to check out the Wilcraft
http://www.thewilcraft.com/
Bellybuster

Postby Hoofharted » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:09 pm

Check out use4alltrailers.com. It's a lightweight permanent/portable type thing. Saw these at the Minnesota sportsman show and they looked pretty neat. 3 sizes, from pretty good size to relatively small. Not bad pricing either.
Hoofharted

Return to Ice Fishing Classifieds