lure techs for perch

Reports and forum for Saskatchewan Ice Fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, PerchHunter

lure techs for perch

Postby clint clysdale » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:42 pm

I have found from using the aqu veiw that dropping the lure into the bottom and sturing it up a little and then just let it sit about 3 inches from the bottom using a jig head turns the fish to strike. Now if i did the same thing and jiged the lure they would loose interest and leave. any other info any one has to share would be great.
Last edited by clint clysdale on Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clint clysdale

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby ManKinD » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:04 am

My best perch fishing has always been on the drop. For example if the fish are a little slow in biting but i know they are in the area i just keep pulling the lure up and then letting it drop. Sometimes i let it drop just a few feet at a time until i find the depth they are in. Once i know then i will put a bobber on at the depth and just keep pulling it up and letting it fall to the specific depth. I find many hits come seconds after the lure drops down to the correct depth.
ManKinD

Postby clint clysdale » Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:23 pm

that sounds like a pritty good method, never thought of that. I usally use a small hawger jig a whooper spoon no specific color, and tip it with some stink of some sort like maggots or meal worms and I'll drop it down to the bottom and lift it up and drop it into the bottom, Ill do this a couple of times just to stir the bottom up abit then just let it sit about 3 inches off the bottom. It seems like it attracks the fish, maybe it presents a frenzy of food i dont know but it has worked for me. Be sure not to stir it up to much though cause I think they have a proublem finding then and makes it hard to see. What type of lures do mostly use for perch?
clint clysdale

Postby King Fisher » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:12 pm

Dropping and raising the hook seems to be the trick for me too.
--King Fisher--
King Fisher

Return to Saskatchewan Ice Fishing