New to area - need maps (or any other info).

Reports and forum for Saskatchewan Ice Fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, PerchHunter

New to area - need maps (or any other info).

Postby tmrfish » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Just moved here from northern Wisconsin. Won't be fishing for a while yet (need to be here three months before I can purchase resident liscence), but anyhow, I was wondering where I can find good maps for hunting and fishing. Ones that show where land open to public hunting is. And also ones that show where boat ramps or winter access to lakes are located as well as what species of fish are found in those lakes. Any other info that would be useful to a newcomer would be great too.
Oh yeah, I'm in the Regina area and don't know anyone up here so I'm trying to figure it out on my own. Any info is greatly appreciated.
tmrfish

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby fisher » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:51 am

echo lake, mission lake , katapwa lake , long lake are all very good fishing lakes in the winter echo, mission, and katapwa are located around fort quapelle. long lake is also very good for walleye early in winter
fisher

Postby fisher » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:54 am

oh yea echo, mission and katapwa are about 45 mins from regina and long lake is also 45min away (but on the opposite side of the city)
fisher

Postby tmrfish » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks for the advice - I am going out this weekend (Middle of June) to Last Mountain Lake. It will be the first time I have been fishing in SK. I realize this is an ice-fishing forum, but I am excited, so I have been browsing posts. Besides, I'm sure you guys don't quit fishing when the ice melts : )
Also, I have new home made plastic lures to try out!
tmrfish

Return to Saskatchewan Ice Fishing