Browns Lake

Reports and forum for Montana Ice Fishing.

Moderator: iowawalleye

Browns Lake

Postby Fish-Killer » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:10 pm

Anyone been there recently? I want to go but I haven't been in a long time and wanted an update on fishing conditions. Thanks
Fish-Killer

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby i c » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:53 pm

went the 24th of jan and again got skunked.ice is plenty deep everywhere,there are just no fish in that lake :D actually a few people ive talked to caught some nice ones about a month ago but i think it is slowing down.
i c

Fishin Report

Postby hk_willow » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:08 am

Ice is about 10" on browns. If you go get there early! The lake was slowing down a bit from previous reports I have herd. We caught 3 total 2 in the 21" - 22" range about 4 - 6lbs and 1 in the 12" range.

Good luck!
hk_willow

Re: Fishin Report

Postby Aaron B » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:40 am

hk_willow wrote:Ice is about 10" on browns. If you go get there early! The lake was slowing down a bit from previous reports I have herd. We caught 3 total 2 in the 21" - 22" range about 4 - 6lbs and 1 in the 12" range.

Good luck!

HK what were you using at Browns?
Never been but want to go. How is the access?
Aaron B

browns

Postby hk_willow » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:18 am

We try a verity of things, ususally 2 hooks / line with 2 different baits between maggots, shrimp, worms... just about every color you can thinkof, but it seems glow hooks and shirmpos' work pretty well. The bite is usually pretty good in the morning and tapers off later in the day. The best times to hit this lake are when the ice first hits and when it first leaves.

The access is good unless its drifted with snow and you happen to get your truck stuck in a snowbank. Other than that its a 3 mile dirt road off HW 200 that is usually plowed.

Good luck and good fishiN!
hk_willow

Postby Aaron B » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Thanks for the info.

I went to Browns last week.(during a snow storm...)
Conditions at the lake were good (except the slush) when we got there but bye about 11 it got windier than hell.

My friend cought a couple nice bows. But I was skunked.

I did notice though that they eat fresh water shrimp. Which explains maybe why they like that shrimp set up.

I will go again here sooon.

thanks again.
Aaron B

Return to Montana Ice Fishing