Ice fishing waukesha co wisconsin

Reports and forum for Wisconsin Ice Fishing.

Moderators: iowawalleye, DanburyFisher

Ice fishing waukesha co wisconsin

Postby Ice Warrior » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Next weekend I have to go to the inlaws for christmas and I though what better way to spend it then go ice fishing without them. They live near Waukesha, WI. I have all day monday to myself and I have never fished down there before. If anyone has some hot tips on which lakes to try I would greatly appreciate it. I like to target mainly panfish but am open to try anything that is biting. Any help would be appreciated.
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Ice Warrior

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Re: Ice fishing waukesha co wisconsin

Postby jake » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:08 pm

You can go a little bit north and hit up Nemabin, Pewaukee, Oconomowoc, Nagawicka, or a bunch of other ones in the lake country area. Pewaukee is gonna be the shortest drive but there's usually quite a bit of people fishing on it. You can also go a little south and hit up Big Muskego's Bass Bay. Be sure to check the thickness cause some don't have much ice still and good luck.
jake

Postby Ice Warrior » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:19 pm

jake wrote:You can go a little bit north and hit up Nemabin, Pewaukee, Oconomowoc, Nagawicka, or a bunch of other ones in the lake country area. Pewaukee is gonna be the shortest drive but there's usually quite a bit of people fishing on it. You can also go a little south and hit up Big Muskego's Bass Bay. Be sure to check the thickness cause some don't have much ice still and good luck.

Thanks for the info. This should get me started anyways. Anyone of these lakes hold jumbo panfish by chance?
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Ice Warrior

Postby jake » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:09 pm

I usually go to Bass Bay if I'm gonna panfish down here, they have a lot of crappies and bluegills of decent size. Check out lakelink they have all of they lakes in the area (http://lake-link.com/lakes/do_lakeresul ... gionID=793).
jake

Return to Wisconsin Ice Fishing