Iowa Ice Fishing

Reports and forum for Iowa Ice Fishing.

Moderator: iowawalleye

Iowa Ice Fishing

Postby Hunt » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:15 pm

Woohoo! First one here!

I look forward to the board getting going, looks really cool!
Hunt

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby WeeMan » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:37 pm

Well I guess I'll be numero dos.

Bring on the freeze!
WeeMan

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:51 pm

Number three here

Lets here some reports on Spirit Lake Perchin!

Rathbun

Postby ranger351w » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:18 am

Good morning.

Anyone know how Rathbun is for ice?
ranger351w

western iowa

Postby vla1229 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:36 am

I always see people tellingabout the eastern and middle iowa lakes but what about those of us on the western side we fish too. Just wondering if anyone has been to any of the lakes over here. Thanks
vla1229

Postby Boone Goon » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:19 pm

What western Iowa lakes do you fish? Other than the Great Lakes of NW Iowa, I only really know of Yellow Smoke near Denison. Never been there but talked to a guy last winter who says the bluegills are absolutely huge there. Any truth? Does Swan Lake near Carroll offer much for quantity or size? Goon
Boone Goon

western iowa

Postby vla1229 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:50 am

I am from Harlan and there are a couple of smaller lakes down here that are great in the spring and summer. Little field which is by exira. Praire rose which is touchy at best and of course the big one which is Desota Bend . which is a national park. They always make sure there is real good ice before openig for ice fishing. Thanks and happy fishing.
vla1229

Re: Rathbun

Postby Dwelling » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:20 am

ranger351w wrote:Good morning.

Anyone know how Rathbun is for ice?

Heard there is about 7'".

Heard that Friday from Albia's bait store.

Iam from New Sharon, and the ice is 7- 8 inches here.

Dan.... N5LFJ
Dwelling

Postby ducky » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:49 am

Well, Im the first one on for the new year, i cant wait for the ice this year.Ive already had all my gear out getting it cleaned up and repaired if needed. Ive been buying new ice jigs from jamminjigs. Nice colors and any size-weight-style you need. Theres a link to them on Iowaoutdoors.com.
Good luck Iowans, drill some holes, catch some fish :D
I love all things outdoors. I am a professional chef and we prepare all our own game at home. I'll eat anything once. Also love to tinker in my garage.
ducky

Where is Yellow Smoke? Denny

Postby fellthroughx2 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:12 pm

Boone Goon wrote:What western Iowa lakes do you fish? Other than the Great Lakes of NW Iowa, I only really know of Yellow Smoke near Denison. Never been there but talked to a guy last winter who says the bluegills are absolutely huge there. Any truth? Does Swan Lake near Carroll offer much for quantity or size? Goon
fellthroughx2

Postby leofernando » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:09 am

I love fishing.. Will probably try fishing here. Hopefully i get a fish to have a favourite time spending there..

===============================================

Leofernando
leofernando

ice today

Postby fishingfool78 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:43 pm

:beer: woke up and saw the ice this morning lol lol cant stop smiling wont be long now just started last year big creek lost lake badger creek and about twenty farm ponds lots of big gills a few nice crappie all and all a good year hoping 2 score some northren and walleye this season hope someooe can hook me up with some good tips
fishingfool78

Return to Iowa Ice Fishing