Best Pike Baits

Discuss ice fishing tips with other ice fishermen.

Moderators: iowawalleye, bachtowing13, Michigan

Re: Best Pike Baits

Postby jannypan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Best bait to get hit ,I have to say is shiners. We're not allowed to bring in bait here so it has to come from MN. I liked the silver shiner better than are golden shiner. Silvers came from the south and aren't allowed anymore.
jannypan

Advertisement

IceFishingChat.com

Postby bum » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:02 pm

carlos the iceman campos wrote:whats your fav. winter pike baits?
dead or alive?
i have heard frozen smelt work good? but i usauly us live bluegills or perch.
whats your opinions?

for some reason i am thinking were fishing the some of the smae lakes bluegills and perch work great live suckers hooked like a gill work awesome too. this is old experince you got to know what in the water to use it for bait. but like in canada smelt cysicos and hearing work great depending on the lake. of couse they have been threw ton of rules changes since i have been up there when gas was 82 cent a leter and 4 leters to a galon. now it is totaly outragous to even leave the u.s. that was about 1989 to 1990 some were in there. try picking up this book from half.com isbn 0929384199 called infishermans ice fishing secrets there are topic in there thet cover pike and how to locate them. any ways half of the smelt cysicos and hearing are not in the waters in southtren s.e. michigan you got to go notrh for those. and maybe even west point peelly canada had smelt there the cold water side of lake erie. by baits identification i mean like fly fishing half of the salmon flies out there are for pacific salmon they look like prawns and the secrect half is bait fish and egg flies for great lake salmon. if you use a green butt skunk for fishing in michigan your using the wrong fly. cause it does not resamble any thing in these waters. with abundance likde blue gills and perch and suckers. in the book it covers a lot of stuff from jigging to dead sticking etc... take a look mite help try not to pay more then what infishermen sell it for on there web site half is used books learned this in college lol'z.
bum

Postby shelby8 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:45 am

yeah im getting out the traps tonight and putting some leaders on...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trumpet Wedding Dresses|New Style Wedding Dresses|Wedding Dresses with Sleeves|New Style Flower Girl Dresses
shelby8

Previous

Return to Ice Fishing Tips